The work of the Governing Body is carried out for one purpose only and that is to give the children the best possible start in their school life. The Governing Body is made up at present of the Head Teacher and the Governors representing parents and the community.
The constitution of our Governing Body states that we should have a maximum of 11 Governors as follows:
- Parent governors (2) – elected by our parents to represent all parents and their children.
- Local Authority Governor (1) - nominated by Herefordshire Education Authority, the local authority that maintains the school
- Foundation Governors (4) - appointed to preserve and develop the school's character
- Co-opted Governors (2) (replace Community Governors) - appointed by the Governing Body
- These are people who in the opinion of the Governing Body have the skills required to contribute to the effective governance and success of the school
- Headteacher - is a member of the Governing Body by virtue of their office
- Staff Governor (1) – either teaching or support staff can be elected by the school staff
- Associate Members – appointed by the Governing Body, they are not Governors and may include anyone who the Governing Body feel could contribute to its work